Thursday, March 27, 2008

Maybe Baby?

So yesterday at approximately 9:30 a.m. we had our insemination! It wasn't what I expected really. While in the waiting room we sent my BFF and our son to get Starbucks and they waited in the car for the remainder of the time and played games. I was very nervous at first, and well D not really nervous at all. The entire time she was being so so loving, she was kissing me, hugging me, and telling me how much she loved me. It was really special. When they lady came in I let her know it was my first time with an IUI, and she encouraged me not to worry.

I think the scariest part was the look of the catheter, and in the end it didn't even really hurt. She said our sperm count was 100 million, and the motility was 79 %, she said those were pretty good numbers, and that our chances of conception were good, we had numbers on our side, as well as age, and health, which was good to know. So after the lay down period we got into the car and of course I decided to put my legs way up again ni the truck, I do know there is no clinical data showing that anything more than 15 min helps but it made me feel better so I did it.

Now what I am struggling most with is the 2WW! Who can wait 2 whole weeks when you want something so bad!! I prayed last night, hoping that God will hear me and help us. All of our friends say they can't think of anyone who deserves it more, but in my eyes there are people. I look at every little flaw and think that could be the reason why it doesn't happen. I need to stay positive.

We are having tons of problems with D's mother accepting this, she is livid that the baby will not be biologically part of their family and cannot see past it. Most people would love a baby regardless of bio or not but her she is a bit on the crazy side!! It's really heartbreaking for D and makes me feel like shit, that my mother in law wants no part of our lives as long as there's gay involved. :(

3 comments:

tui said...

hmm I think the comment I left got eaten, oh well...

Good luck, hope the tww doesn't make you too crazy! (is this your first try?)

Glad you were able to make this a special time - it's hard to get past the clinical atmosphere sometimes to remember why you are doing it in the first place but that's great!

My wife and I are ttc as well, currently taking a break at the moment but back on board in May!

Clement Jade said...

Good Luck!!

Michelle said...

Thank you guys for the support, I could really use it :)