Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The big day!

So I am on day 15 of my cycle today, and tomorrow is the big day! Our appointment is at 9 A.M. We couldn’t be happier, or more hopeful than we are right now. I took Clomid day 5 through 9 of my cycle, 100 milligrams a day, and boy was that an experience! I felt like I could explode at any minute and it was mainly on my partner! Ha, she hated it!
I feel so much better at this phase of the process because at first I felt so incredibily lost and without anyone to guide us in the right direction. We live in such a small town that there aren’t alot of people who have experienced the same thing. Once we found a Dr. who was willing to work with lesbians trying to conceive, the processs seemed a little easier since we had someone to answer all of our questions.
The Dr. is about an hour away, but the staff there is so great! They have helped us so much and are always so supportive. Yesterday we had our first ultrasound to check my follicle, I had a really good one on the left side and none on the right. The left side was at 26 if I remember correctly. So they told us to inject the ovidril at exactly 7:30 p.m. last night and so we did!
I was very apprehensive since D hates needles, and I could never give myself a shot. The best part was having my best friend there too, she took pictures and did whatever we needed, and it felt so great having her there since she means so much to myself and my family. I really wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. So D got up the courage and made sure she wasn’t going to pass out and gave me the shot about an inch beneath my belly button.
The shot didn’t hurt at all really, just a little stinging! I’ll tell you what did hurt is the ultrasound they did earlier that day!! It felt like they pushed my ovary into a place it wasn’t supposed to go! Ok anyway, this morning I took an OPK and there was no LH surge so I don’t know if it is the ovidrel or the clomid or maybe it was a short LH surge? I am going to call my Dr. and ask today.
So cross your fingers everyone for tomorrow!!!! Look at D’s expression in these pics, it is really pretty funny! :)

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f168/michelbooker/IMG_0059.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f168/michelbooker/IMG_0060.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f168/michelbooker/IMG_0061.jpg

No comments: